Below is a summary of the White Hart Inn Community Benefit Society Ltd’s vision. Full details can be found in the Community Benefit Plan
Our vision is: –
- To create a hub & café area for people to meet, drink, eat, celebrate, commiserate, do business, raise funds for good causes, compete in quizzes, folk nights – and bring more activity, life, and fun into our community
- To restore the hub of the village with a pub & café that supports the local economy, enhances village life, helps alleviate loneliness and reduces rural isolation.
- To save this fantastic community asset for generations to come
Our priorities are: –
- To purchase the pub as a community asset
- To refurbish the building, making it accessible to all, including the less mobile
- To open a community pub & café in Foulden that is inclusive and welcoming, serving reasonably priced, good quality food & drink in a friendly setting.
- To build a sustainable business that is owned by the community and run for the benefit of the community it serves.
- To sustain and build upon a successful Bed & Breakfast operation, supporting local industry and tourism.
- To see the pub operated by a manager who shares our community vision for a successful village pub & café
- To offer social opening hours that will make our pub & café an accessible place to visit, catch-up with friends and meet new people.
- To provide a place to find information, share news & views, get involved in activities and showcase local talent & expertise.
- To introduce an “essentials counter” selling basic foodstuffs, stamps, confectionery & ice-cream.
- Provide post office related services, visiting library and community support.